Meet the Team
We have a staff team of 28, supported by more than 350 volunteers.
Through our support work with clients, we offer:
- a single, trusted and consistent point of contact – someone to believe in them and treat them with dignity and respect
- intensive initial hand-holding, emotional and practical support
- someone to nudge their level of motivation and help regain personal confidence and self-esteem
- high levels of advocacy, negotiating on behalf of and with clients, and helping them to help themselves
Our support workers consider the whole needs of the people we work with, and have the following skills:
- practitioners with a deep concern and a care for those who are highly vulnerable with complex needs
- understand the full spectrum of need (which may be undiagnosed or which may have been previously incorrectly assessed)
- advocate and negotiate better outcomes for clients
- work across professional boundaries in a collaborative manner
- adopt an individualised and flexible approach
- keep the client accountable for their actions
- have systems in place to record day to day contact, outputs, progress and outcomes
The support we provide is home-based, town centre based (offices at Salop Street/Restore Centre) and in other spaces and venues within local neighbourhoods. We provide tailored 1:1 support and group sessions; and we help distribute food to those who are struggling to get by. We strive to plug gaps in service provision; taking care not to duplicate the work of the excellent specialist agencies we work alongside. We refer to over 70 such agencies as appropriate, with whom we have established strong and trusted partnership work.