Urban Outreach is run by a dedicated team of talented staff aided by an army of wonderful volunteers.
Would you like to work for an organisation where you can:
– meet people from all walks of life?
– make a positive difference to people’s lives?
– work together in small teams with like-minded people?
– use your skills and experience to bring change in difficult situations?
Do you have:
– compassion and a commitment to helping people make changes?
– patience and organisational skills?
– clear professional boundaries?
– a good track record of managing or dealing with change?
– an ability to find creative solutions?
If you see a vacancy you like the look of, please click through to find out more.
Could you be our new Family First Support Worker?
We are looking for a compassionate and highly motivated individual to join our Children and Families Team of staff at Urban Outreach (UOB). The team supports families experiencing multiple issues including children not attending school, parents not in work, youth crime and anti-social behaviour. The successful candidate will undertake whole family assessments, work together with families and other agencies to create action plans, and help families implement such plans to achieve changes for the better.
Appointment will be subject to a satisfactory Enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service check. Ideally, the position is full time (35hrs pw) and the salary is £19,190 pa. Part-time on a job share basis might be possible.
Details about what the job entails are provided in our job description for the role which you can download here.
Please note that applicants are asked to complete the form by hand, although they may word process their response to the questions on skills and interests. Before starting, please read our guide on how to apply here.
We would welcome the opportunity to have an informal chat with anyone wishing to explore whether this position suits their skills and interests before completing an application form. If you wish to do this, please contact us as above.
The closing date and time for our receipt of applications is presently: 12.00 noon on Friday 6th December 2019.