Urban Outreach is run by a dedicated team of talented staff aided by an army of wonderful volunteers.
Would you like to work for an organisation where you can:
– meet people from all walks of life?
– make a positive difference to people’s lives?
– work together in small teams with like-minded people?
– use your skills and experience to bring change in difficult situations?
Do you have:
– a commitment to helping people make changes?
– patience and organisational skills?
– clear professional boundaries?
– a good track record of managing or dealing with change?
– an ability to find creative solutions?
– If you see a vacancy you like the look of, please click through to find out more.
Food Team Project Worker – Storehouse Pantry
In partnership with other organisations and an ‘army’ of volunteers, Urban Outreach oversees the weekly distribution of food and other household consumables to struggling individuals and families across Bolton. We have recently extended our reach through a mobile foodbank called ‘Storehouse Pantry’. The post-holder will be responsible for delivering our new mobile service. This involves the collection and distribution of food and other household consumables to various locations across Bolton, supporting Pantry ‘Members’ and volunteers, and working closely with our partner agencies.
We are seeking someone with a proven ability to plan, organise and manage projects who is friendly, enthusiastic and supportive. The successful candidate will relate well to people, and will be able to build strong professional relationships with volunteers, clients and staff from other organisations. They will possess good attention to detail and accuracy in completing tasks in a timely manner, be able and willing to observe exacting health and safety and customer service standards. They will be able to accept, support and promote the Charity’s vision, aims and objectives and Christian ethos.
Contract: Full time – 12 months fixed term initially
Closing Date: 18th May 2017